Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Lunch with Gener: Episode 1

I'm a man who likes lunch. As an athlete, I think about it as halftime of my day. I take a seat, give some high-fives and plan for the rest of the day while I refuel.

Join me, as I take you on a journey through the sustenance I choose for these brief reflectionary moments.

The Post-Thanksgiving Sandwich:

Leftovers are the anomaly of modern American eating. As a culture with a high cholesterol and low consciousness, we are inclined to order a lot, pig out and chuck what remains. The decision to keep food for the purpose of reheating or even reinventing a meal may be on the decline, but Thanksgiving dinner lives on as an indicator of leftovers' potential.

This morning I found myself pressed for prep time but craving something more than my usual PB and J. Hence I dug into the Tupperware that my mom sent me back to 79 with and designed this behemoth of a sandwich. Home made bread (try to keep up pepperidge), yams, stuffing and cold turkey. Prepped and in the bag in 3 minutes. I can already see my coworkers salivating.









No comments:

Post a Comment